Photo Credit: Evan Swigart -- 2010
Tuesday, February 28, 2017
Serves 8 to 10
8 large Lipton or organic tea bags
2 cups of natural cane turbinado sugar
3 gallons of spring water or drinking water
1. In a large cooking pot bring 1 gallon and a half of spring water or drinking water to a boil, reduce heat to minimum.
2. Slowly stir in 2 cups of natural cane turbinado sugar-stir slowly for three minutes. Remove from burner, do not remove tea bags, cover and let stand for 1 hour.
3. Remove tea bags from pot, stir pot vigorously for 1 minute, pour beverage into 1 gallon plastic or glass container-refrigerate for 2 hours. Pour the remaining ½ gallon tea into another container (this will be used as the first half and half mixture).
4. Slice lemons into halves; squeeze lemon juice into saved ½ gallon tea container. Shake vigorously, refrigerate for 2 hours.
5. Remove beverage containers from refrigerator, mix appropriate 1 ½ sweetened tea to 1 ½ of unsweetened in a 16oz glass garnished with a wedge of lemon. Repeat same steps for guest, family and friends, unused beverage may be mixed together and saved for three to five days. You can also semi freeze the beverage to make a delightful frozen slushy topped with a piece if orange, raspberry or any fruit of your desire.