Thursday, March 9, 2017
For each mother and father who is looking for alternative healthy drinks – there are many resources available when it comes to incorporating a healthy juice alternative. American families can choose a healthy way to serve wholesome and nutritional healthy drinks without the addition of unwanted additives – that have become a part of our mainstream society.
Not only does cranberry juice fight off many infections, but these little berries offer a stream of powerful antioxidants for growing children and adults who seek optimum health. You can never get enough of these natural flavonoids, cut the unwanted sugar by adding concentrated cranberry juice and lemons as an alternative to laboratory infused juice drinks that contain a variety of unnatural compounds.
Serves 4 to 6
Add 1 gallon of freshly squeezed lemon juice (preferably 5 lemons)
2 oz. of Tree of Life cranberry concentrate or any 100% bottle of cranberry concentrate
1 ½ slice of lemon wedges
Frosted glasses are optional
1. Mix 2oz. of favorite cranberry concentrate to 1 gallon of freshly squeezed lemon aid juice
2. Shake thoroughly, place in refrigerator for 1 or 2 hours, serve with chilled glass and slice of lemon
This juice drink is a healthy alternative to drinks that are filled with sugar, splenda, and other sugar substitutes. Always treat yourself and your family to the best of what the earth has to offer.
Photo Credit: Wikimedia Creative Commons
Ingredients and Directions
Finely chop 1 ½ Spanish red onion, can use minced garlic or chop garlic if preferred-will need 1 tablespoon of minced or chopped garlic.
Add 2 cans of Goya black beans to pot; add Goya pimento regular seasoning to beans, add remaining ingredients-bring to boil for 2 minutes, stir while boiling, reduce heat and let simmer for 15 minutes.
Add ½ cup of white cooking wine to unseasoned sea bass.
Season bass with a few generous shakes of Mrs. Dash lemon pepper seasoning; also add a few sprinkles of thyme, oregano and parsley.
Add 2 to 3 salted butter chips on top of bass.
Pan Broil sea bass at 475 on medium level in oven for 20 minutes, during 10 minutes of cooking time you will need to add 1/3 of water to pan or rack as wine sauce will evaporate.
Every 5 minutes-scoop wine sauce from cooking pan to pour on top of bass to ensure tenderness and proper browning of herbs.
After sea bass is ready to serve, squeeze ½ lemon juice on surface of bass and serve immediately.
Tip for soon to be at home chefs, cast iron skillets and cookware will give the best results when pan broiling sea bass.
Photo Credit: Karen via flickr 2010 -- Wikimedia Creative Commons
Ingredients and Directions
Before preparing wings, soak chicken in iodized salt for 1 to 2 hours. After soaking time, place chicken in colander, rinse thoroughly for 5 minutes, while rinsing rub off salt and let drain for 15 minutes.
1. Pour a generous amount of Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce over both sides of wings.
2. Add a generous amount of Mrs. Dash salt free lemon pepper seasoning to both sides of wings.
3. Add a generous amount of McCormick salt free all purpose herb seasoning to both sides of wings.
4. Add a few shakes of Goya seasoning to both sides of wings.
5. Place wings in pan, add 1 & ½ cup of water to pan, add an additional ½ cup of teriyaki sauce to pan.
6. Preheat oven on pan broil setting to 375 degrees for 2 minutes before adding wings to oven. Next, place wings in oven at medium rack height from pan broil coils.
7. Pan Broil one side for 20 minutes, turn wings over and pan broil for 20 minutes, and add another ½ cup of water after 40 minutes of cooking time.
8. In between cooking-baste or saturate wings with sauce 2 to 3 times every 10 to 15 minutes.
9. Turn wings over for final time, increase oven temperature to 450 degrees for 8 minutes, after time has expired-remove wings immediately. Pour remaining teriyaki sauce over wings. Top with a piece of lemon or orange slice, and serve.
Photo Credit: AlekhyaaDas -- 6/2015 -- Wikimedia Creative Commons
8 king size
or regular baking potatoes
2 one pound packages of bacon
1 16oz. jar of pasteurized process cheese sauce
1 16oz. package of sharp cheese
2 11oz. bags of frozen broccoli florets
1. Separate bacon slices and place on two baking pans, place in oven and bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes, turn several times to ensure bacon is thoroughly cooked. Drain grease from pan and place bacon on paper towels to drain off excess grease. Chop bacon into finely grated pieces, place in bowl and cover until needed to top off
2. Place 8 potatoes in oven, set temperature at 450 degrees, bake for 35 to 45 minutes. Turn potatoes four times to ensure an even bake.
3. Place both 11oz. bags of broccoli into medium cooking pot, bring to boil for 10 minutes. Drain broccoli in colander and immediately remove potatoes from oven.
4. Slice potatoes in half – top with a healthy portion of pasteurized cheese.
5. Add chopped bacon, then top off with broccoli florets, add a liberal amount of sharp shredded cheese and cracked pepper or add garlic herb dipping spices to complete topping.
6. Place potatoes back in oven for 5 to 8 minutes, serve immediately.
Photo Credit: Alfonso Coley