Thursday, March 9, 2017
Broccoli, Bacon and Cheddar Mountain Baked Potato
8 king size
or regular baking potatoes
2 one pound packages of bacon
1 16oz. jar of pasteurized process cheese sauce
1 16oz. package of sharp cheese
2 11oz. bags of frozen broccoli florets
1. Separate bacon slices and place on two baking pans, place in oven and bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes, turn several times to ensure bacon is thoroughly cooked. Drain grease from pan and place bacon on paper towels to drain off excess grease. Chop bacon into finely grated pieces, place in bowl and cover until needed to top off
2. Place 8 potatoes in oven, set temperature at 450 degrees, bake for 35 to 45 minutes. Turn potatoes four times to ensure an even bake.
3. Place both 11oz. bags of broccoli into medium cooking pot, bring to boil for 10 minutes. Drain broccoli in colander and immediately remove potatoes from oven.
4. Slice potatoes in half – top with a healthy portion of pasteurized cheese.
5. Add chopped bacon, then top off with broccoli florets, add a liberal amount of sharp shredded cheese and cracked pepper or add garlic herb dipping spices to complete topping.
6. Place potatoes back in oven for 5 to 8 minutes, serve immediately.
Photo Credit: Alfonso Coley