Thursday, March 9, 2017
Guilt Free Gourmet Recipes to Die For: Pan Broiled Teriyaki Chicken Wings
Ingredients and Directions
Before preparing wings, soak chicken in iodized salt for 1 to 2 hours. After soaking time, place chicken in colander, rinse thoroughly for 5 minutes, while rinsing rub off salt and let drain for 15 minutes.
1. Pour a generous amount of Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce over both sides of wings.
2. Add a generous amount of Mrs. Dash salt free lemon pepper seasoning to both sides of wings.
3. Add a generous amount of McCormick salt free all purpose herb seasoning to both sides of wings.
4. Add a few shakes of Goya seasoning to both sides of wings.
5. Place wings in pan, add 1 & ½ cup of water to pan, add an additional ½ cup of teriyaki sauce to pan.
6. Preheat oven on pan broil setting to 375 degrees for 2 minutes before adding wings to oven. Next, place wings in oven at medium rack height from pan broil coils.
7. Pan Broil one side for 20 minutes, turn wings over and pan broil for 20 minutes, and add another ½ cup of water after 40 minutes of cooking time.
8. In between cooking-baste or saturate wings with sauce 2 to 3 times every 10 to 15 minutes.
9. Turn wings over for final time, increase oven temperature to 450 degrees for 8 minutes, after time has expired-remove wings immediately. Pour remaining teriyaki sauce over wings. Top with a piece of lemon or orange slice, and serve.
Photo Credit: AlekhyaaDas -- 6/2015 -- Wikimedia Creative Commons