Wednesday, March 8, 2017
Baked Scallops with Orange Spice Sauce
Serves 4 to 6
2 pound of bay scallops
5 tablespoons of chopped scallions
10 tablespoons of Smart Balance 50/50 Butter Blend
1 ½ navel orange
Mrs. Dash salt-free
2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 cup of Italian bread crumbs
4 tablespoons chopped parsley
Baked Scallops with
Orange Spice Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Butter a deep casserole dish with some Smart Balance 50/50 Butter Blend, and place scallops in dish.
3. Set range top to medium heat; add 4 tablespoons of Smart Balance Butter Blend to saute cooking pan. Saute scallions in cooking pan for a one minute or two, and then sprinkle sauce and scallions over scallops.
4. Melt the remaining butter in a separate sauté pan, remove cooking pan from heat and add stir in lemon juice. Begin to pour sauce over both sides of scallops. Cover scallops with Italian bread crumbs on one side only.
5. Bake bay scallops for 15 minutes, during the baking process – saute scallops with remaining sauce for complete tenderness. Serve immediately, garnish with chopped parsley.
Photo Credit: Chef Sean Christopher -- March, 2013 -- Wikimedia Creative Commons