Wednesday, March 8, 2017
The Perfect Saint Patrick Grilled Reuben on Toasted Rye
Serves 4 to 6
2Ibs of shaved corn beef or freshly cooked brisket
4 barrel dill pickles
1 16oz bottle of 1000 island dressing
1 ½ stick of 50/50 smart balance butter blend
Pam non-stick cooking spray
1. Each grilled Reuben will need to be pan-fried separately when cooking for a family of 4 or 6. Pre-heat cooking frying pans to low heat, immediately spray a generous amount of Pam to each pan. Let cooking pan heat for 10 minutes before adding rye bread.
2. Add rye bread to cooking pan; place a generous amount of shaved corn beef to one slice of bread.
3. Place 3 tablespoons of Thousand Island dressing on top of corn beef.
4. Top off with a generous amount of kosher sauerkraut, immediately place the side down slice of rye bread to the top of the sandwich.
5. Add 1 tablespoon of 50/50 smart balance butter blend to pan, turn up heat to medium and smoothly turn over Reuben. Take spatula and push down of sandwich; also gently hit the top of the bread to give the rye a little breathing before flipping it over.
6. As the Reuben is grilling – make sure that the smart balance butter blend saturates the bottom rye bread to give it the ultimate taste.
7. Total time for grilled Reuben, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove Reuben from pan, slice in half and serve with two slices of dill pickles.
Photo Credit: jefferyw -- via Wikimedia Creative Commons